Dated 25th May 2018
Sharpe’s Pottery Heritage and Arts Trust Ltd. (including Tourist Information Centre) Privacy Notice.
This privacy notice explains how we, Sharpe’s Pottery Heritage and Arts Trust Limited, intend to collect and use information about you. For further information, please see our privacy notice at this address – www.sharpespotterymuseum.co.uk. Any update to our privacy notice can be found here.
1. Who we are
Sharpe’s Pottery Heritage and Arts Trust Ltd. under data protection law we are the 'data controller' of the personal information that we collect about you and as a data controller we have certain legal responsibilities concerning how we collect, use and share your personal information. We must inform you about this.
2. The information we collect
The types of personal information we collect from you include:
- a) lnformation you provide to us - personal information that you provide to us including your contact details (i.e. your name, email address, phone number and postal address) and your bank account details.
- b) Our correspondence - if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- c) Sales and services information - details of transactions that you make with us and details of the services we provide to you;
3. How we use your personal information
We may use your personal information in the following ways.
- a) to provide our services effectively to you - examples: to administer our services, including handling your requests, communicating with you (including about any offers or promotions); keeping up to-date records about you and carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, to make payments to you and receive payments from you (where applicable).
- b) to market to you - if you have not objected, to provide you with updates and offers about our products and services and the products or services of selected third party companies that we think may be of interest to you. (See paragraph 4, 'Transfers of personal information', for further' information). We may use your information for marketing our own services to you by post and phone and, where required by law, we will ask for your consent at the time we collect your data to conduct any of these types of marketing. We will provide an option to unsubscribe or opt-out of further communication on any electronic marketing communication sent to you or you may opt out by contacting us using the details in the 'Contact us' section of this privacy notice. lf at any time you do not want us to contact you for marketing purposes, you can let us know by contacting us using these contact details.
4. Transfers of personal information
We may permit selected third party companies to use your personal information, for the purposes set out in the section 'How we may use your personal information'. These companies may use this information to contact you. Selected third parties will be subject to obligations to process your personal information in compliance with the same safeguards that we deploy.
We confirm that all personal information held by us about you will remain in (and will not be transferred outside of) the United Kingdom
5. How long will we keep your personal information?
Where you have expressed an interest in our products or services / where we have collected your contact details for us to provide you with information about our services, we will keep your information for 2 years, or until you ask us to stop sending you such information.
Where you have purchased a product or service from us, we will keep your personal information for so long as we are providing you with a service, plus for 2 years, to deal with any queries, complaints or legal claims you may have.
6. Legal grounds to process
The legal grounds we rely on to process your personal information are that processing is necessary for:
- a) our legitimate business interests or those of a third party and these interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms in relation to the protection of your personal information. Our legitimate business interests include enabling us to provide you with products, services and information about our products and services (marketing).
- b) our performance of a contract made with you. This includes our providing you with products and services and our taking steps at your request towards, and in anticipation of, providing you with products and services;
- c) our compliance with legal or regulatory obligations.
7. Your rights in relation to your personal information
lf you have any questions in relation to our use of your personal information, you should first contact us using the contact in the 'Contact us' section of this privacy notice. Under certain conditions, you may have the right to request us to.
- (a) provide you with further details on the use we make of your personal information; (b) provide you with a copy of personal information that we have collected about you;
- (c) update any inaccuracies in the personal information we hold;
- (d) delete any personal information that we no longer have a lawful ground to use;
- (e) object to our use of your personal information if our use of your personal information is causing you undue harm. ln such a case we must cease using your personal information for that purpose.
8. Contact us
lf you have any questions, or you would like to find out more about this privacy notice you can write to us at:
Sharpe’s Pottery Heritage and Arts Trust, West Street, Swadlincote, Derbys. DE11 9DG
Or visit our website at: www.sharpespotterymuseum.org.uk
Or contact our Chair of the Human Resource sub committee at our West Street address.
Subjects access requests can be verbal, must be free of charge and be answered within one month of the request.
You also have the right to complain to the lnformation Commissioner's Office, you can find out how to report a concern via their website.